Online Psychotherapy Sessions
Now Offering Therapy Sessions via Skype or Facetime
I am available to meet with clients in either my Century City office, or online via Skype™ or Facetime video chat. Depending on your particular needs and location, you may find that a combination of these formats works best for you. Psychotherapy and counseling by Skype™ or Facetime can be a wonderful adjunct to in-office visits for individuals who live too far from my Century City office or for clients who live full and busy lives. Sometimes online therapy can be a helpful alternative to in-office visits.
Below are list of reasons why you may consider Skype™ Facetime counseling / therapy as an alternative to face-to-face sessions.
- It’s a time saver for people who are either infirmed or super busy.
- If you are away from home from time to time, you don’t have to miss your session – just plug in, log on and connect.
- Some people feel more comfortable working with a therapist who is not local to them.
- Skype sessions are helpful for people who do not live in the city but are interested in the work that I do.
- Sometimes therapists who work with Skype™ or Facetime can offer greater flexibility in terms of session times, ideal for people with busy lives and shift workers.
- Some clients may find it is easier to be open and more comfortable talking over Skype™ or Facetime as opposed to face to face. Especially for people with very high anxiety or agoraphobia.
Skype™ or Facetime is not especially designed as a perfect alternative to face-to-face therapy but it can be very helpful to those who need it. It serves as a means of doing consistent work so you do not have to miss a session or can talk to someone who understands your unique set of issues and needs.